Make a Call

Landlord Insurance

Secure your property both inside and out with home insurance.

What is landlord insurance?

Landlord insurance covers the risks you face when letting a property that standard building and contents insurance does not cover. Also known as buy-to-let insurance, it covers you for damage to the buildings or to your contents against a range of perils such as flood, fire, burst pipes or storm. You can also choose from several optional covers like accidental damage, loss of rent, landlord emergency and legal expenses cover which covers the costs and expenses in dealing with a range of legal matters such as contract disputes, tax and VAT investigations, repossession and eviction of squatters.

What does landlord insurance cover in the UK?

Our landlord Insurance offers high levels of standard cover, plus options to increase limits and extend your cover if you need to. You also have the flexibility to lower your excess for a higher premium, or increase your excess for a lower premium, whatever works for you.

Standard cover

The following cover types are included in our landlord insurance, as standard:

  • Full standard perils
  • Accidental Damage option for Buildings and Contents
  • Subsidence
  • Property owners liability up to £2,000,000 option to increase to £5,000,000
  • Loss of Rent (up to 33.3% of the building sum insured)
  • Trace and Access cover

Optional cover

For an additional premium, you can add any of these covers to your landlord insurance policy:

  • Landlord Emergency – if there’s an insured emergency at your rented property, we’ll send out a contractor to deal with the problem.
  • Legal Expenses – covers the cost of defending your legal rights. Includes Repossession Cover, Nuisance and Eviction of Squatters Cover, and Tax Protection.
  • Rent Guarantee – As part of Legal Expenses, add Rent Guarantee to cover unpaid rent if your tenant or ex-tenant is still in your residential property.
  • Accidental Damage for buildings and/or contents when you’ve insured them.
  • Employers’ Liability – this covers you if an employee makes a claim against you for a work-related injury.
  • Theft by Tenant Cover.
  • Malicious Damage by Tenants.


You can extend your policy to help protect your rental property against damage caused by acts of terrorism. We’ll cover you up to the maximum sum insured on your policy for buildings, contents and/or loss of rental income. Acts of terrorism are defined as damage caused by someone acting on behalf of, or in connection with, any organisation which uses force or violence to overthrow or influence the UK government. (Terrorism cover is not available for properties that are located in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Northern Ireland).

Peace of Mind

14 days cancellation policy to give you peace of mind.

Customer focused

Excellent customer service, and 100's of 5* reviews.

Tailored Cover

We can tailor each of our polices to match your specific needs.

Frequently asked questions

If you rent out a property, it’s a good idea to have landlord insurance. It covers lots of the same things that your regular home insurance does but it goes further, covering the risks that come with a rental business too – whether you rent out one house or ten.

Also, if you have a mortgage usually the bank you have your mortgage with will insist you have landlord insurance. So making sure you have the right cover is important.

The type of landlord insurance that you need will differ depending on your requirements. There are two key cover levels of landlord insurance – Buildings and Contents. Buildings Insurance provides cover for damage to, or loss of, the property’s structure. Contents covers damage to, or loss of, landlord’s possessions left within the property, like furniture. You can combine your insurance covers like Buildings and Contents if you need to cover both the property structure and possessions in the property. Also, we various optional covers for you so you tailor make the policy for your requirements.

You can add extra properties to the same policy, a multi-property insurance policy could help you consolidate your renewal dates to one and give you the peace of mind that all your properties are covered, you may also be eligible for multi-property discounts.

To obtain a quote you need to enter your details, any past claims history together with the details of the property and the tenants you are renting too. Property details you would need include the rebuild value, the age and construction of the property.

In most cases, home insurance will not be sufficient to cover a rented property. This is because you are not living in the property and renting your property for an income is a business. Some of the risks you may face will be different, for instance, you could be liable if a tenant hurt themselves in your property due to the property being unsafe or your tenant might purposely damage the property.

Feefo Review

Very friendly on the phone , very competitive prices ' Rang us back very quickly after looking on the internet with a competitive price & would not be beaten on price.

Feefo Review

Professional service and very good price. Would highly recommend. ' I thought they were efficient and very professional when handling my insurance for my caravan. They found a good price beating a lot of other insurers on price.

Feefo Review

Professional service and very good price. Would highly recommend. ' I thought they were efficient and very professional when handling my insurance for my caravan. They found a good price beating a lot of other insurers on price